Experienced in Trust Administration
Your loved one left behind a trust and you are unsure where to go from here. You are grappling with your loss and trying to understand the legal requirements for what must be done next may not be at the forefront of your mind. However, it is critical to begin the trust administration process as soon as you can. There are deadlines that should not be missed and prolonging the process will only complicate things further. While the existence of a trust can certainly expedite the administration process, you still need to be sure that it is done right.
At the Law Office of Thomas E. Rossmeissl, as your lawyer, Mr. Rossmeissl will not let small details slip through the cracks. He doesn’t want you to feel lost. He can help you from start to finish and settle your loved one’s affairs with confidence.
Personalized Representation In The Administration Process
As a trustee, you have certain duties and responsibilities. Without guidance, you may miss a crucial step and make costly mistakes. Put simply, trust administration is not something you should do yourself and the benefit of hiring an attorney cannot be overstated.
During estate administration, you must:
- Notify the trust beneficiaries and the decedent’s heirs at law that the trust has become irrevocable
- Collect the assets into the trust and prepare for distribution to the beneficiaries
- Obtain appraisals of the assets
- File the final income tax returns for the decedent and for the trust
- File the federal estate tax return if the estate is large enough
- Follow the terms of the trust and distribute the assets as directed by the trust
Always One Step Ahead. Call Today.
Take control of the process and hire an attorney who is ready to meet with you face to face and provide advice from day one. Schedule a consultation at the Los Gatos office by calling 408-883-3197 or sending an email.